Saturday, June 13, 2015

Friends and Neighbors: Update

You know that frightful moment when you’re typing up stuff in a word document, and eventually, something happens to your computer and you lose everything? What do we do? We freak out. But the good part is, we’re given a second chance to recreate those documents. We may forget a lot with what was being written, but we can always make it better, tweak something, and also make things fresh again. Put it this way, it’s like you’re doing something when you think it is good, but God has the power to change it and say “Do something better.” What we forget is, we’re always given second chances. We may fall seven times, but we can always get back up to try and try again. He knows what He wants from you, so he is always making sure that the best is yet to come.

As I was trying to relocate the updated version of Friends and Neighbors, it was nowhere to be found. A little spoiler alert, one of the most sentimental chapters was erased, and that was the only thing missing from the updated version. I don’t know what that really means, but we’ll just have to wait and see. Although I am taking summer classes, I’ve given very little time on writing this, and started to focus on what’s really important, and that is school. When July hits, I will be back in the full swing of things, and will resume to finish the draft. New characters have been added. Some minor, and some major, but most importantly, I have threw in the Bramlage family, if you didn’t catch the excerpt posted on my Facebook. I’ll give you more updates as time goes on, but in the mean time, I will not throw in spoilers, but I will throw in quotes, excerpts, and questions that will leave you wondering.

The Movie, The Musical.
The script to the musical, has been hidden inside of a dusty box. The original diary manuscripts, has been fading away for over a period of time, and is also with the musical script. The musical, and the diary entries,  serves as the foundation story to "Friends and Neighbors." Though, that story is controversial, I haven't decided whether or not I should blow off the cobwebs, tweak it, and revise it. Who knows... it may stay hidden forever.


The movie, did I talk about that? Give the movie some time. I can’t say that a movie of Friends and Neighbors, will, or will not happen. I can’t say that a pre-production process has started. I’ve gotten many questions, but all I can say is this… I have no control of what’s going to happen, when, and how, but I do know who is already casted for some of the characters…

And that goes for all three books.


Some of us are getting older to recreate our old selves, but thank God for Hollywood make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment